Monday, September 30, 2013

Singapore Army @ Orchard

Last week, I was on a bus to go somewhere and orchard road is one of the bus route which I take. I usually listen to a music on the public transport and that time I turned my head to the Ngee Ann City where there were some army vehicle there. I found that were interesting and I decided to go there.

   Light Strike Vehicle II (Front View)

Light Strike Vehicle II (Rear View)



Singapore Light Weight Howitzer (SLWH) Pegasus
a helicopter-transportable, towed artillery piece. Developed jointly by the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) and ST Kinetics, it was commissioned on 28 October 2005. The Pegasus has replaced the GIAT LG1 105 mm howitzer previously in service with the Singapore Artillery.



ARTHUR
an abbreviation for mobile "Artillery Hunting Radar" system developed in Sweden. This field artillery acquisition radar was developed for the primary role as the core element of a brigade or division level counter battery sensor system. The vehicle carrying the radar is usually a Bandvagn 206 developed and produced by Hägglunds; the radar is developed by SAAB Electronic Defence System.


They provide some souvenir for the pedestrian passing by and the soldiers there were sharing their experience of their 6-year mission in Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment